Vandalia Rental is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate against anyone because of their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, age, disability or military status.
3 Job Opportunities
If you are looking for a JOB, please don't apply. If you are looking for a CAREER in the equipment rental business, WE WANT YOU! We are looking to add a phenomenal team player to our roster that has a passion for working on and around equipment. This incredible role will be dual functioning - working with our Yard/Service team sometimes and showing your mad Planned/Preventive Maintenance skills other times. This could be your kick start into a magical career as a Heavy Equipment Mechanic.
Things you'll want to know:
- Pay is based on experience, but our minimum is $16/hour PLUS monthly bonus opportunity - Not to brag, but for the last 28 months, we've paid out bonus. OK, I am bragging because that is incredible
- Monday-Friday only - NO WEEKEND WORK!!!!!
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurances
- Tuition assistance to allow you to be even more successful
- We have the best team you can imagine. (Also the HR guy is really cool)
What will you be doing? Glad you asked:
- Keep all the rockin’ equipment runnin’ smooth by performing Preventive Maintenance as required; including: checking/changing oil and filters, hydraulic fluid, batteries, brakes, coolant, grease points, tires and a bunch of other maintenance stuff
- Occasionally troubleshoot equipment issues
- Manage and organize the equipment lot and all the awesome equipment in it
- Clean and service all equipment. We want every customer to have the same great experience as the last
- Load and unload equipment for customers and our driving team
- Be prepared to grow in your career. You'll have tons of opportunity
- Mechanical know-how. Need to have some experience workin’ on stuff and using cool tools
- Lift up to 100 lbs. with assistance - Don't need Superman, but definitely some Batgirl/Batman strength
- No La-Z-Boy recliners anymore. Gotta stand for long periods and often times, all day
- Read, write and speak English proficiently - bilingual would be cool, but not required
- Able to be around dirt, grease, oil, fumes and all the other "stuff" that comes from working outside and around electrical, gas and diesel equipment
- Need some tech savvy-ness. Don't need to be Bill Gates, but you'll need to know how to use computers
- Organizational skills a must. There is a ton of stuff coming and going. If you can't keep it straight it's just going to stress you out
We are in search of an incredibly talented Billy OR Billie Jean Bada** to join our team as an Equipment Rental Branch Manager in our, soon to open, Lima, OH branch.
Vandalia Rental is an awesome, growing company with a crazy bright future. We commit all our energy to operational excellence in everything we do. Our customers are the best ever and they ultimately judge our performance. They always expect our “A” game and won’t settle for 2nd string. We want the “A” players on our team.
The Equipment Rental Branch Manager will be responsible for all operational aspects of the Lima branch; including all the cool P&L stuff. The Branch Manager will wheel and deal with customers, make hiring decision, be responsible for maintenance, logistics, rental and all the other adulting stuff that comes along with running an equipment rental branch.
***Important Info You'll Want to Read***
Prior to opening the branch, the Branch Manager will report to our Vandalia, OH Store to get indoctrinated in all things Vandalia Rental to prepare you for world domination. This includes, but by no stretch of the imagination is limited to, working outside in all the elements Mama Nature can throw at you, working the phones and the job sites gettin’ your sales on, getting greasy with the mechanics, slingin’ chains on trailers with the driver guys and gettin’ geeky with HR and finance. The training will take you through all functional areas of the biz and school you on how to run a branch Vandalia Rental Style!
Here's the stuff you really want to know
- Incredible team atmosphere
- Pay is based on relevant experience. We know that outstanding team members come at a price. We LOVE making that investment
- Monthly profit sharing bonus. Yes, we actually pay this out
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life insurance
- Community contributions, tuition assistance, paid time off, paid holidays, extremely discounted rentals
- Team and family events through out the year
- Tons more, you'll just have to join the team to see
What You Need to Do
- Be a leader – speak your mind, influence and create positive change. You will need to manage yourself, your boss and your peers from time to time. Most of us are humans, but we all need direction occasionally.
- We are a "For Profit" company, so increasing revenue and profit has to be a priority, but you gotta grow with your customers, not at their expense. We win, they win
- Grow and change. I’d like to say growth happens around here at the speed of light, but we can’t measure it because it happens so fast sometimes. But we ALWAYS grow responsibly
- Have desire, drive and an absolute thirst to win. Not sometimes, but every dang time! In the real world, not everyone gets a participation ribbon. We will not cheat, lie or steal; but we WILL win!
- Coach, encourage, mentor and grow your team. You will have the coolest cats around - keep it that way
- Not be a jerk! We do not hire jerky type people
- Make the impossible possible
- When you think you’ve done it good enough, make it better
What You Gotta Bring to the Party
- Gotta be from the greater Lima, OH area and have some good know how about the area industry and business
- Lots of Leadership experience. I’ll leave this open to interpretation, but it will be extremely obvious if you don’t have it, so don’t fake it
- A passion like no other to be successful and conquer the rental industry. If you just want to punch a clock and go home; stay home – this isn’t the place for ya
- Equipment rental experience would be phenomenal, but not mandatory. You gotta have some understanding of the rental biz or similar industries to be successful in this role
- Be able to think on your feet, your hands, standing on your head, while driving, while dancing, etc. There's ALWAYS a lot going on. If multitasking makes you nauseated, look away...just look away
- Have a killer personality, not the personality of a killer
- It would be rockin’ if you had a BA/BS degree - not a degree in BS if you know what I mean. Degree isn’t required, but would be cool
- Must be authorized to work in the United States, willing to submit to a drug screen and background check that may include: criminal, credit check, work history, reference check, motor vehicle report, education verification, or anything else that is legal for us to dig up on you that is of course applicable to the role.
Pretend I’m saying all this without taking a breath and real fast like at the end of an infomercial: Got to be able to be exposed to all elements related to construction and industrial applications, must be able to stand or sit for long periods, must have a valid driver’s license, speak, read and understand English proficiently, lift 100+ pounds with assistance, start equipment (key and rope pull), can’t be afraid of heights (we have lifts up to 180’), must be technologically savvy, have a minimum high school diploma or GED.
Hopefully some of our workplace culture has shined through here. We encourage fun in a relaxed environment, but we also have serious moments as well. We believe that attitudes are infectious and we want to ensure that we will be a good fit for you and you for our team. If you just don’t get this job ad or it completely repulses you, please do not apply – it is highly likely that you will not be happy here.
- Perform all levels of preventive maintenance and planned maintenance on equipment
- Perform all electrical, mechanical, hydraulic and engine related repairs on all equipment – Equipment ranging from small hand-held pieces to 180’ Boom Lifts and everything in between
- Perform Pre-Delivery Inspections for new equipment
- Assist customers via telephone with troubleshooting equipment issues
- May be required to travel to customer job sites for on-site repairs
- Other tasks as required
Salary and Benefits:
- $20/hour plus - Pay is based on relevant knowledge and experience. If you got it, we’ll pay you for it
- Monthly bonus potential – AND we actually pay it out. No tricks here
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance – eligible after 30 days
- 401(k) with company match - $1 for $1, up to 6% of your annual pay – and your eligible after 30 days
- Tuition assistance – We’ll help you stay on top of your game
- Paid time off – Vacation and Personal time
- Must love to work on stuff, specifically construction, agricultural and industrial type equipment – Should have 5+ years’ wrenching experience
- Have a good understanding of what it takes to rock-n-roll as a mechanic – Electrical, hydraulic, mechanical an all other stuff you maintenance rock stars do
- Must love challenges and solving problems
- Driving record can’t be jacked up
- Authorized to work in the good ol’ U.S. of A.
Not Finding What You're Looking For?
Share your information and we will contact you if new opportunities fitting your qualifications become available.Share Your Information